Followers

Saturday 5 June 2010

and so I begin


Seth wasn't breathing when he was born after a prolonged birth and having shoulder dystocia. He then spent the next 10 days in the special care baby unit. At the time it seemed forever, but looking back I'm amazed he came home so quickly but we attribute it to his 'fighting spirit'. I have since been advised that it is likely that I had a virus just before I went into labour which passed to Seth. This weakened him and he wasn't getting sufficient oxygen throughout the labour. The shoulder dystocia, and the several minutes this deprived him of oxygen, was just the last straw for him.

When Seth was 3 months old we were told that he had brain damage and that he was very likely to have severe developmental problems. He's now 2 and a half.

I'm writing this blog for several reasons. To document what we've been through, and will continue to go through. To scream out my frustrations and to celebrate achievements. And to hopefully be a resource for other parents who are going through a similar experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment